Pre Handover Inspections / New Home Inspections
Have all your building defects addressed and repaired by your builder before you take possession of your new home.
When you have a Pre Handover New Home Inspection report completed by Damien from Victorian House Inspections, you will receive a registered builder and a comprehensive report that is easy to understand and outlines all the defects that only a builder with 30 years of experience can identify.
Our Pre-Handover and New Home Inspections are designed to the Australian Standards and Tolerances as established by the Building Commission in 2007 to identify any areas that have not been built to the Australian Standard.
It is our expert opinion that before a client pays their final payment they should have a Pre-Inspection carried out, listing all the relevant defects that can then be repaired by the builder. Once the final payment has been made, it is often very difficult to get the builder to return to rectify problems. All too often the builders’ response is that the defects are a result of maintenance and the home owner is not covered.
Our New Home Inspections cover a wide area including Melbourne and the outer suburbs of Geelong, Sunbury, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island and surrounding Bayside locations.
Pre-Handover Inspection Checklist:
- Externally from brick walls
- Weep holes
- Expansion joins
- Window seals up into the roof cavity on top of roof
- Taking photos and listing all defects that can often be overlooked by an inexperienced person
Call us today on 1800 98 34 56 or Book An Inspection Now!
Why do you need to get a New Home Inspection? Here is what we’ve found recently:
What we’ve also found recently in many new homes is shower waste pipes are being blocked by grout and building waste with construction debris. On one particular inspection, the bathroom had to be rebuilt on a brand new home prior to the client taking possession.
To see more reports and issues that house and building inspections can identify see our Inspection Case Studies page.
Our Pre-Handover Inspection Services Include:
- Inspection of the electrical wiring, hot water, plumbing pipes, smoke alarms and security.
- Inspection for structural defects taking notes on the foundations and footings. Crawling under the house if there is access and going into the roof making notes of the frame, lining, and any leaks.
- Inspection of the outside of the property and garden, fences, etc.
- Inspection of each room in the house checking for any maintenance items that may cost you money in the future.
Our Pre Handover Inspection Reports will provide you with:
- Comprehensive written property & maintenance report.
- Initially our building inspector will give you a verbal report immediately after the inspection.
- Followed by an emailed written report and a bound copy, if requested.
We inspect new homes all over Melbourne, Bayside, Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island.
Find out more: